What does this insurance cover?
- Bodily Injury and Property Damage Liability (BI/PD): Covers liability for an accident involving injury to other people or property, up to your liability limits. If your limits are 100/300/100, no more than $100,000 would be paid per person for bodily injury, no more than $300,000 would be paid per accident for bodily injury and no more than $100,000 would be paid per accident for property damage.
- Comprehensive and Collision Coverage: Policy pays to replace or repair your snowmobile or ATV if it is stolen or damaged. You select and pay a deductible and then the insurance carrier pays the remainder. Collision coverage applies if you hit a nonliving object or other vehicle. This coverage also pays for damages caused by events other than collisions, such as fires, theft or vandalism.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist: If you get into an accident with someone who is uninsured or underinsured and you were not the at-fault party, the policy will pay for your medical treatment.
- Roadside Assistance: Policy covers the labor needed for repairs and towing to the nearest repair facility if your snowmobile or ATV is disabled.
- Accessory Covered: Policy covers items that were not originally manufactured on the vehicle, altering the appearance or performance. This may include trailers, custom modifications, seats/backrests, exhausts, etc.
- Medical Payments arising from the accident.
Remember, safety first!
Inexperienced riders are much more likely to be involved in serious accidents than their seasoned counterparts. Therefore, you should contact your state’s Department of Natural Resources for more information on available safety courses for both adults and young riders. In most states, they are mandatory for extremely young riders (ages 10 to 15) if they intend to ride off their parents’ property.
Do you really need snowmobile or ATV insurance?
Snowmobiles and ATVs are primarily used on off-road terrain and alongside roads. As a result, they generally operate at high speeds and are prone to accidents and theft. In addition, many snowmobiles are customized, so it is difficult to establish their value after a loss. Reach out to a member of our team to learn more today!