Join our Team!
Your New Career As An Employee-Owner Begins Here!
Our pride in ownership drives us to be an insurance agency unlike any other, and we're looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
Why Marshall & Sterling?
We are a 100% employee-owned business who believes that our people are your best insurance. Since our beginnings in 1864, Marshal & Sterling has grown to be a Top 50 Independent Insurance Company in the U.S. - providing global experience alongside a strong local focus and commitment to our communities. Marshall & Sterling has been voted Best Place to Work by the Dutchess County Regional Chamber of Commerce, and one of "America's Best Agencies to Work For" (Eastern Region) by the Insurance Journal.
Here What Our Own People Have to Say About Their Careers Here...
“As a young professional, Marshall & Sterling has not only given me the platform to succeed but also provided me with the best market advantage to not place a limit on my success. They encourage me to utilize my strengths, stay community focused and teach me how to leverage our unique portfolio of tools and resources to best guide and protect the employer groups I work with. I look forward to a long career with Marshall & Sterling as an Employee owner.” - Whitney Pangburn, Group Benefits, Employed since 2014
“The reason I love working here is I have friends that work at other agencies. They are envious of what we can get done, the markets we have available and the options our insureds have. We’re a one stop shop, and I could never go to another agency that doesn’t have our resources. Once you have these resources you never want to be without them. The support from my branch manager and producers in my branch is immense in terms of always listening to what my question is no matter how odd it may be, and showing me the ways I should be conducting myself as a professional with no prior background in the industry.” - Brian Seigerman, Property & Casualty, Employed Since 2014
“Being at Marshall & Sterling gives you the freedom to build your own career within a great company! The opportunities are limitless and you get to create your own career path – the harder you work the greater the reward!“ - Kelly Sherman, Personal Lines, Employed since 2015
“Coming from a completely different industry, I was very apprehensive about making this big career move. However, that being said, ever since my first day at Marshall & Sterling, I have been made to feel welcome and “a part of”. The training, teamwork and support is beyond anything I could’ve imagined and definitely geared towards my success and ultimately the success of the organization as a whole.” - Steven Pesola, Property & Casualty, Employed since 2017
“I have been in sales for nearly 20 years, more than 10 with Marshall & Sterling, and have never experienced the kind of support I have here. There is a great team oriented feeling but at the same time I am given the independence and leeway that makes me feel like the owner of my own business.” - Matt Cronin, Sales Management, Employed since 2009
Marshall & Sterling offers a wide range of flexible benefit options. Our programs and services are designed to help employees maintain good health and well-being, make healthy lifestyle choices, and plan for retirement. Marshall & Sterling is committed to delivering the information and tools our employees need. We are extremely proud of being 100% employee owned, offering employees the benefit of an employee stock ownership plan (ESOP), and encourage our employees to participate in the success of the company through the ESOP.
Health & Life Insurance
- Comprehensive Medical Plans
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Care
- Prescription Drug Coverage (including mail order option)
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Coverage
- Long-term and Short-term Disability Insurance
- Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRA)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Supplemental Life Insurance Coverage (company paid & voluntary options)
Retirement Savings & Financial
- Fidelity; 401(K) and Roth 401(K)
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Retirement Planning Options (with individual advisors and employee education sessions)
- Employee Referral Incentive Program
- Wellness Program and Gym Membership Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Membership in Professional Organizations
- Payment for Licensure & Certifications and Continuing Education
- Work From Anywhere Policy (remote work)
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Flexible Schedules
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) (free to employees and family members)
An integral part of our culture and identity is providing critical and valuable products to protect and advise individuals and businesses. In other words, in a world where insurance has become a very necessary part of life, we stand to maintain its value and integrity by:
- Working with our clients from a total cost of risk perspective
- Providing a unique combination of tools and resources to our clients
- Providing our clients with a one-on-one, personalized experience
Learn about our 150 years of History
It is Marshall & Sterling’s policy to provide an equal employment opportunity to all individuals. We are committed to a diverse workforce. We value all employees’ talents and support an environment that is inclusive and respectful. We are strongly committed to this policy, and believe in the concept and spirit of the law.
We are committed to assuring that:
- All recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation and other employment related programs are provided fairly to all persons on an equal opportunity basis;
- Employment decisions are based on the principles of equal opportunity. All personnel actions such as compensation, benefits, transfers, training and participation in social and recreational programs are administered without regard to any characteristic protected by local, state or federal law;
- Employees and applicants will not be subjected to harassment, intimidation, threats, retaliation, coercion or discrimination because they have exercised any right protected by law; and
- Reasonable accommodations will be made for disabilities and religious beliefs.
We believe in and practice equal opportunity. The Director of HR serves as our Equal Opportunity Coordinator and has overall responsibility for assuring compliance with this policy. All employees are responsible for supporting the concept of equal opportunity and diversity and assisting our Company in meeting its objectives. All decisions concerning any aspect of hiring and employment benefits shall be made without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, status as a covered veteran or any other classification protected by local, state or federal law.
Marshall & Sterling complies with the Immigration Reform and Control Act, employing only those persons who are legally eligible to work in the United States.
Marshall & Sterling complies with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 by employing only U.S. citizens and non-citizens who are authorized to work in the United States. All employees are asked on their first day of employment to provide original documents verifying their right to work in the United States and to sign a verification form required by federal law (INS Form I-9). If an individual cannot verify his or her right to work within three days of hire, Marshall & Sterling must terminate his or her employment.