Check Cashers Insurance
Marshall & Sterling Specialty Risks
Check Cashers provide unique services that require corresponding coverage. Beginning in the early 1970's, Marshall & Sterling and our select group of insurance companies developed various programs to meet the needs of this industry on a national basis.
Our programs are designed to meet the needs and exposures of the check cashing industry. Some of the coverage available include:
- Employee Dishonesty Coverage: Covers direct loss caused by a dishonest employee of your operation.
- On Premises Coverage: Covers direct loss of covered property as a result of robbery, safe burglary, theft, damage or destruction while on your premises.
- In Transit Coverage: Covers direct loss resulting from robbery, or theft of covered property while being transported by you, your employee or a carrier for hire.
- Forgery or Alteration*: Meets the statutory requirements for coverage on losses due to the acceptance of forged checks, drafts or travelers checks.
- Extortion / Kidnap Ransom: Covers the surrender of covered property away from the premise of the insured as a result of a threat communicated to the insured to do bodily harm to an officer, employee or family member of the insured who is being held captive.
Marshall & Sterling and our select A++ insurance carriers are ready to listen to your needs and provide you with the flexibility necessary when tailoring your coverages. You have the ability to purchase increased limits for your busiest times such as Fridays, 1st part of the month, tax season, or other periods. Crime coverage limits can range anywhere from $10,000 to $125,000,000.
Check cashing stores are an integral part of the communities they serve and are supplying additional services which extend far beyond that of cashing a check. Specialty Risks has responded with a variety of surety bond services for our clients.
We offer bonds that range from $1,000 to over $2,000,000 in value. Surety bonds are becoming an important factor to the check cashing industry as it grows and becomes more diversified.
Some of the additional services that require bonds are:
- Utility payment collections
- Motor vehicle registrations
- Sale of money orders
- Payroll distribution contracts
- Collection of local taxes
- Direct Deposit programs
- Forgery bonds
- License bonds
- Lottery bonds
- Notary bonds
Additional Insurance Coverage
In addition to “crime” coverage and Surety Bonds, we can also provide you with various property and liability insurance coverage that will assist you in rounding out your insurance program. Following are some examples of additional insurance coverage we can offer:
- Mobile check cashing coverage
- Kidnap / Ransom - Extortion
- Business income /Extra Expense
- Electronic data processing
- General liability
- Commercial automobile including fleets
- Umbrella policies
- Employment practices liability
- Directors and officers liability
- Workers’ compensation
- Group or individual life & health