Agency Owners - Join the Marshall & Sterling Family
Become Part of the Marshall & Sterling Family
To achieve long-term future success, independent insurance agencies must have proven business models to achieve organic growth, coupled with the ability to recruit, hire and train effective, assertive and customer-centric salespeople and client support staff. To thrive in an ever-challenging marketplace, agencies must stand above the competition with value added services for their clients, with efficient best practices and exceptional relationships with hungry markets. As one of the top 50 largest independent insurance agencies in the United States, Marshall & Sterling Insurance has achieved remarkable success since our founding in 1864 – all while maintaining a personal, community-based branch office structure.
Has your agency every considered expanding your capabilities by becoming part of a large, employee-owned organization? Here are some of the reasons why you should consider adding your agency to our list of locations. We are looking to acquire and perpetuate good agencies with current owners who want to shed the "behind the scenes" hassles and headaches, and do what they like best.
Become Part of Marshall & Sterling Insurance
- 100% employee-owned through an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan). Our share value has increased from $39 in 1979 to $900 in 2016.
- Leverage the strength of one of the top 50 privately held independent agencies in the country while maintaining a hometown agency feel.
- Potentially receive tax favorable value for your agency while also providing your current quality employees with peace of mind and long-term security.
- Excellent Benefits Plans - we take care of our employee-owners.
- Full Human Resources, Accounting, IS, Employee Education & Training, Sales & Development, Central Marketing and Communications departments to handle the parts of the business that drag you down, allowing you more time to focus on your accounts.
- Continue your career if you wish - whether it is in management, sales or a combination of both. We encourage continuity in our branch offices.
- Excellent retirement benefits through our ESOP and 401K plan with matching contributions.
The Ideal Agency Match for Marshall & Sterling is...
- A family or closely-owned agency which values their employees.
- An agency whose principals have been involved with the fabric of their community and value that legacy.
- An agency with prospects, but without the right carriers, marketing expertise or product mix to get the business written.
- An agency who is interested in perpetuating the continued employment of members of their agency without selling to a big impersonal publicly-traded agency or consolidator.
- An agency whose core values are centered on honesty, integrity, family, community and long term profitability.
What former agency owners have said...
“The culture of care and concern Marshall & Sterling has for their employees and clients eliminated my headaches, and let me do what I like to do - selling insurance and helping mentor young producers.”
Bob Kallman, Vice President - Poughkeepsie NY Branch
Former owner and principal, Kallman Insurance Agency
“Growth and opportunity are key ingredients in business success. Becoming part of Marshall & Sterling has enabled us to be part of a larger company and expand our business - allowing me to be a leader of a growing and dynamic “niche” program. My employees have benefited from the stability and support of a company founded in 1864.”
Don Graves, Vice President & Director - Marshall & Sterling's Equisport Division
Former owner and principal, The Equisport Insurance Agency
CONTACT US TODAY to learn more about joining the Marshall & Sterling organization!