Human Services & Schools Specialty Insurance Program
Communities Depend on You…You Can Depend on Us
When it comes to Insurance, what matters to you? The Human Services & Schools Specialty Insurance Program from Marshall & Sterling provides a distinct advantage to health & human services organizations, child welfare, youth recreation, and developmental disability organizations, as well as day cares, schools, and head-start programs. We have great markets to help you save on your business insurance, including a new way to help nonprofits reduce costs greatly on unemployment.
Marshall & Sterling also provides excellent resources and staff safety trainings to help make your life easier and reduce your bottom line. Everything is delivered by a team of experienced Risk Management professionals in the Human Services & Schools Specialty Insurance Program, available to answer your questions and provide quality service.
Exceptional insurance coverage. Unparalleled service and support.
PARTNER…with an experienced professional who understands the risks non-profits face working with families, children and vulnerable populations. Our specialists will listen to your mission and vision, evaluate your risks with you, and guide you safely through a world of risk and opportunity.
COVERAGE…specialized to help you help your client, so you can fulfill your mission knowing you are protected.
RESOURCES… to help you manage the risks you face, from working with families & children to managing personnel. Benefit from easy access to Risk Management, Regulatory and HR tools and information.
SECURITY…Marshall & Sterling, an employee owned company founded in 1864, is among the largest independent insurance agencies in the United States. Marshall & Sterling maintains a national presence and has direct and preferred relationships with the leading insurance companies, providing clients with the advantage and security of our experience.
COMPLETE…Marshall & Sterling provides complete Risk Management solutions through our Property & Casualty Child Welfare Program as well as our Group Benefits and Wealth Advisors Divisions.
- Child Welfare Agencies
- Head Starts
- Early Childhood Education & Day Care Centers
- Foster Care Agencies
- Adoption Agencies
- Group Homes
- Youth Services and Recreation
- Non-Public Schools / Alternative Education
- Residential Treatment Centers
- Children’s Mental Health Facilities
- Day Programs / Child & Family Counseling Centers
- Developmental Disabilities
- Halfway Houses / Transitional Housing
- Community Centers and Day Camps
Hear What Our Clients Are Saying...
"Thank you so much for the thorough presentations at our In- Service Professional Development training. We all learned a great deal and explored areas that were thought provoking and engaged us in dialogue that warrants further discussion. I appreciate the services that Marshall and Sterling offers beyond insurance offering and look forward to a continued business relationship in the future."
Cynthia Cummings, Executive Director
Community Parents Head Start
- Get a Human Services & Schools Insurance Proposal
- Get a Quote - Small In-Home Childcare
- View Our Human Services and Schools Tips & News
- Sign in to your Safety & Regulatory Information ToolKit
- Watch our YouTube Channel, with tips and resources specifically for Child Welfare Organizations
- Recommended Reading: Connecting the Dots Through Human Trafficking From Foster Care w/ Rhonda Sciortino & Sandie Morgan
- Recommended Reading: Child Maltreatment May Actually be Declining (Psychology Today)
- Recommended Reading: How to Turn Around Troubled Teens (Scientific American)
- Recommended Reading: These Are The Worst States For Underprivileged Children (Huffington Post)
- Recommended Reading: How Childhood Neglect Harms The Brain (WBUR-FM)
- Recommended Reading: The Cost of Adoption (U.S. News & World Report)
- Webinar: Learn how to make your organization more insurable! Presented by Irene Jones and Rhonda Sciortino
- Nonprofit Revitalization Act of 2013 Compliance Checklist and Update