Home-Based Business Insurance
Keeping your business safe & sound
With so much invested in your home based business, make sure you have the right coverage to insure your unique exposures. You may be surprised to learn that your homeowners insurance does not provide the liability or property protection you need to protect your assets.
Does your homeowners policy protect you in the following common situations?
- Your business laptop is stolen while you are traveling?
- A customer visiting your home slips and falls?
- A fire at your home temporarily puts you out of business. Will lost income and the additional expenses necessary to get back in business be covered?
Operating a business from your home can be a rewarding and profitable experience. However, each day brings the possibility for a loss that could leave you, and your business, unprotected. Most homeowner’s policies are not designed to cover a business exposure in the home. The typical homeowner’s policy provides minimal coverage for business property on and off premises and no liability coverage relating to business activities. Clients with home based businesses face many property and liability loss exposures and without proper coverage may have several coverage gaps by failing to purchase the Home Based Business Product policy.
Our Coverage Features:
- Off premises coverage
- Loss of Business Income
- Limits available to $1 million for Liability and $100,000 for Business Personal Property
- Optional Coverage for Money & Securities
- Equipment Breakdown
- Professional Errors & Omissions sublimit for select classes included in the basic rate
- A.M. Best A++ rated company
Still not convinced your home business needs insurance? With over 150 years of experience, Marshall & Sterling agents have seen it all.Here are some claim examples that might provide some reassurance!
- You operate a small e-bay business and have an inventory of $7,500. A fire in your home destroys or damages your inventory. The Home Based Business policy will provide coverage up to your Business Personal Property limit.
- A customer visiting your home for business slips and falls. Since the customer was at your home for business purposes the Home Based Business policy will provide the needed liability coverage excluded under your homeowners policy.
- Your laptop is stolen while you are visiting a customer. The Home Based Business policy provides up to $5,000 to replace your laptop while away from the residence premises.
- You are working a trade show and someone trips and falls over your display, the Home Based Business policy will provide the liability protection you need. Your homeowner’s policy provides no coverage since this was a business event.
- Your Home Based Limited Liability Corporation suffers a power surge damaging your computer, telephone, and fax machine, but your homeowner’s policy provides no coverage since the property is owned by the LLC and not the homeowner. Your Home Based Business policy will replace the damaged equipment.
- A fire at your home makes it uninhabitable and your home based business must be shut down. Your Home Based Business policy provides the needed lost income and additional expense coverage.
- A power surge caused electrical damage to your home based bakery refrigeration system. The system failed and you sustained food spoilage, repairs to the refrigerator and one day lost income. Your Home Based Business policy provides the equipment breakdown and business income coverage you need.
|Contact Us:||Lorraine Emerick
|Click here to Get Started!|