Why Choose an Independent Insurance Agent?
As a consumer, it does matter where you buy insurance. Not using an Independent Insurance Agent could cost you money, service and protection. Because insurance is such an important safety net for your family, home, car or business, you should never treat the purchase lightly!
There is a difference in where you buy your protection. You may not realize there are three sources for insurance:
- Captive Agents, who can sell you the insurance of only one company.
- Telephone Representatives, also known as "direct" writers of insurance. Insurance is offered only on the telephone, and only by one company. Chances are you will never talk to the same person twice.
- Independent Insurance Agents, who represent an average of eight insurance companies, and research with these firms to find you the best combination of price, coverage and service.
With your Independent Insurance Agent, there is a difference:
- Always a licensed professional with strong customer and community ties.
- Gives you excellent service and competitive prices because your Independent Agent can access the insurance coverage from more than one company.
- Unlike other agents, is not limited to one company. You don't need to change agencies as your insurance and service needs change. This is particularly important when you have a special or unusual insurance need.
- Assists you when you have a claim.
- Is your consultant, working with you as you determine your needs.
- Offers you a choice of insurance plans and programs.
- Is a value seeker who looks after your pocketbook in finding the best combination of price, coverage and service.
- Offers one-stop shopping for a full range of products: home, renters, auto, business, life, health, and specialty needs.
- Can periodically review your coverage to keep up with your changing insurance needs.
- Treats you like a person, not just another number.
- Customer satisfaction is the key to an Independent Agent's livelihood. Serving you is your Independent Agent's most important concern.